The Careers Service can be of assistance to you in addressing issues related to jobs and choice of career path and you are certainly welcome to make use of all our facilities while you are here.
Nevertheless, understanding the nature of our careers service and the limits of the help we provide will enable you to make the most of what’s on offer.
What we CAN Provide
- Confidential and impartial careers and educational guidance from professionally qualified staff.
- Careers-related information resources including a well resourced Careers Library and website.
- On-line jobs pages with vacancy details for permanent and temporary jobs, postgraduate study, work placements and voluntary work in the UK and abroad, and across all industry sectors.
- Opportunities to identify and develop employability skills.
- Opportunities to meet with Student and Graduate Recruiters through a comprehensive programme of careers events.
What we CANNOT Provide
- We are not an express placement service, slotting graduates into jobs regardless of ambitions or needs.
- We do not hold full employment market information on every country in the world.
- We do not issue a list of employers who will accept applications from international students and graduates but we do provide advice on possible ways of identifying and approaching such employers.
- We aim to help all students with application techniques but we are not an English-language service.
- We provide general information on work permits but we are not authorised to give advice on students’ individual circumstances. The International Student Advisory Team in the Student Support Centre (50 Park Place) is able to give advice on a case by case basis.
We suggest that you also use the rest of the website according to your needs to help you with other careers questions and issues.