Hotline (Extension 74477)
Maintenance requests or faults may be reported directly to the HOTLINE or via the Departmental Building Liasion Officer, or, if available within the building, the Porter or Receptionist.
Requests from Residences should be reported to the Unit Managers who will then contact the HOTLINE.
N.B. Lift Faults: these should be directed to the Security Control Centre on Ext: 74444, where a list is kept of service contracts. Security will then call out the lift company direct and update the Estates Division via the HOTLINE.
1. All callers will be asked for the following details:
- Originator (Name)
- A clear description of the fault / defect
- Whether a permit is required to access this location
- Contact name and telephone number
2. A job reference number will be issued to the caller.
3. A "Job Sheet" is then issued to the Division's Direct Labour Organisation (DLO) for action. Each "Job Sheet" is prioritised according to the urgency of the fault reported.
4. In due course, the Estates Finance Section receive and record cost information on all maintenance jobs.