Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Mae’r dudalen hon ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig am nad ydyw wedi'i chyfieithu i'r Gymraeg.

Os ydych o’r farn y dylai cyfieithu’r dudalen hon fod yn flaenoriaeth, cysylltwch â a chopïo cyfeiriad y dudalen yn eich neges.

What student discount cards are available?

You will find that a lot of things, from cinema tickets to clothing, DVDs to travel, can be bought at discounted cost if you are a student and have discount cards.

NUS/Student ID Card

Your student ID card, which will be issued to you at enrolment is very useful! In addition to giving you access to University buildings, the card also proves that you are a member of the NUS (National Union of Students) and often entitles you to discounts in shops, cinemas and restaurants. Ask if they offer a "student discount".

International Students’ Identity Card (ISIC)

This card can be purchased for £12 at the STA Travel shop in Cardiff city centre. It is available to any full-time student and entitles you to discounts on charter flights, some accommodation, cinema tickets and admission to art galleries and museums.

To obtain an ISIC card you need a passport sized photograph and proof that you are a full-time student at Cardiff University. For further information visit the ISIC website.

Student Travel Reduction Cards

If you are exploring the UK while you’re here you will make considerable savings on travel by purchasing a Young Persons Railcard and/or a Coach Card. The Young Persons Coach Card can be bought at National Express coach offices or online.

This card costs £10 for a year or £25 for 3 years and gives you 30% off all coach travel in the UK. To get one you simply need proof that you are a student. For further information see the National Express website.

A Young Persons Railcard costs £30 for one year or £70 for three years, and gives you a third off your rail travel in the UK. To get this you will need proof you are a student, your passport and a passport-size photo. The card can be purchased at any railway station. For further information visit the 16-25 Railcard website.

« Return to money & finances homepage