Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Mae’r dudalen hon ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig am nad ydyw wedi'i chyfieithu i'r Gymraeg.

Os ydych o’r farn y dylai cyfieithu’r dudalen hon fod yn flaenoriaeth, cysylltwch â a chopïo cyfeiriad y dudalen yn eich neges.

How do I prove I have enough money for my student visa?

The immigration rules are very strict about the financial documents you must show to prove you have enough money.

The Immigration Officer will only accept one of, or a combination of the following:

  1. Cash in a bank account
    Cash in your, or a parent or legal guardian’s, bank account for a 28 day period - see more information about bank statements you need to provide.

  2. Bank loan
    A loan in your name - see more information on using a bank loan to finance.

  3. Letter from an official financial or government sponsor
    UKVI define an "official sponsor" as:

    - Your country’s government or the UK government
    - British Council
    - Any international organisation
    - Any international company
    - Any University

    See more information about what documents you need to provide if you have an official sponsor.
Also see:

« Return to visas & immigration homepage