Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Mae’r dudalen hon ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig am nad ydyw wedi'i chyfieithu i'r Gymraeg.

Os ydych o’r farn y dylai cyfieithu’r dudalen hon fod yn flaenoriaeth, cysylltwch â a chopïo cyfeiriad y dudalen yn eich neges.

If I am using a bank loan, what evidence do I need to provide?

The loan must be:

  • in your name, not in the name of your parents or legal guardian.
  • from a bank that is regulated by an official regulatory body for your home country.
  • dated no more than 6 months before the date of your student visa application.

To evidence your loan you must provide a letter from the bank confirming the loan. The letter must show:

  • Your name
  • The date of the letter
  • The financial institution’s name and logo
  • The money available as a loan
  • The start date of the loan

The loan funds must be available to you before you travel to the UK, unless the loan is an academic or student loan from your country’s national government and will be given to you or Cardiff University when you arrive in the UK.

US Federal loans

If you are an American student who is applying for a US Federal loan, you will need to submit a "Notification of Student Loan" letter with your visa application.

For more details on how to apply for your Federal Aid Loan, visit the US country page.

« Return to visas & immigration homepage