Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Mae’r dudalen hon ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig am nad ydyw wedi'i chyfieithu i'r Gymraeg.

Os ydych o’r farn y dylai cyfieithu’r dudalen hon fod yn flaenoriaeth, cysylltwch â a chopïo cyfeiriad y dudalen yn eich neges.

Enrolment and your ID card

You must enrol online to become a student of Cardiff University.

This includes enrolling on-line, paying any tuition fees or providing evidence of sponsorship, completing your course enrolment and collecting your student ID card and Biometric Residences Permit (BRP) card.

When should I enrol?

You will be sent an email from Cardiff University telling you when and how to enrol online 3 weeks before the start of your course.

You will use your username and password for the Online Applicant Service which you may have received already and be asked your student number and your date of birth.

If you have not received your username and password 3 weeks before the start of your course, please contact the enrolment team by emailing

You will also need to complete enrolment, including School enrolment, when you arrive in Cardiff and collect your student ID card.

For more information about enrolment visit Registry's enrolment webpages.

How do I enrol online?

To complete online enrolment go to when you are notified by email.

You will be guided through a series of web pages which will enable you to check information held by the University about you, and update information where required.

We recommend you enrol online before arriving in Cardiff to avoid:

  • delays in your Cardiff University student ID card being issued
  • delays in being able to access University computing facilities
  • delays at School enrolment
  • delays in obtaining your bank letter which you will need to open a UK bank account

Once you have completed online enrolment you will be shown details of your course and the core modules which form part of the course that you are registered for on the "Confirmation of Student Enrolment" screen.

You may wish to print this out for your records and to show that you have completed online enrolment (a copy will be emailed to your Cardiff University email address).

After online enrolment, you need to complete your School enrolment and attend School induction activities when you arrive in Cardiff.

How do I obtain my student ID card?

You must obtain your student identity card after you have enrolled.

You should keep this card with you at all times, it shows that you are a student of Cardiff University and it contains your important and unique student number. Your identity card will allow you to use the Students’ Union, sports facilities, libraries and IT rooms. Your student card also gives you discounts in shops.

You must bring your passport or your identity card with you when you pick up your student ID card. If you are from outside the European Union, University staff will make a copy of your visa in your passport. This is in order to comply with the UK immigration rules that allow you to enter and studying in the UK.

School enrolment?

After online enrolment, you need to complete your School enrolment. This involves finding out and choosing any option modules available on your course.

Study Abroad students will be able to complete school enrolment at the enrolment supported venue in Glamorgan Building on Wednesday 20 January. Erasmus students need to visit the Erasmus Co-ordinator in their academic school to find out about the different modules they can choose. If you need advice and help with this, please see a member of staff in the morning of Wednesday 20 January in room 1.84 in Glamorgan Building.

International Prospectus 2016

International Prospectus 2015

Download the 2016 International Prospectus


Interactive map

View our interactive map of Cardiff on Google Maps

Visit map

Videos and pictures