Research Ethics in Social Science Research
This workshop enables researchers to reflect on the role of values and ethics in the process of research. It considers:
- the values that underpin social science research;
- the processes of ethical review and the requirements of the ESRC and other bodies;
- the ethical issues that arise during research and the processes of making ethical decisions.
Throughout the workshop, participants are asked to relate their research experience to the ethical ideas presented. By then end of the workshop participants will have:
- an understanding of the main themes and debates in research ethics;
- an understand of how to reflect on the ethical implications of their own research and how to keep records ready for writing up;
- an understanding of how to make informed ethical decision during the conduct of their research.
|15 February 2012||10:00 - 15:00|
Target Audience: RS & PGR