Connecting to the University network
To use the networked IT services at Cardiff University you must first register and obtain a username and password.
- Taught students are normally registered in class groups by their school or department
- Staff or research students should approach their Local Computing Representative (LCR)
- Holders of honorary contracts, pre-registration house officers and postgraduate centre managers are also eligible to register
Help and advice
All new users receive a copy of the Information Services Handbook which will introduce you to our key services and help you get the most from Cardiff University Information Services.
Once you have registered and logged on to the network, you should then change your password to something more meaningful. Please read our advice on choosing a password.
Please remember that once you have registered you are bound by University IT Regulations.
These are supplemented by:
You can connect to the University network in a number of ways:
- From University Residences
- Via the Cardiff University Wireless Network (CU WiFi)
- To the GRID
- Using the All-Wales CITRIX Service (Students on placement)
- On-campus (Staff and researchers)