Apple Mac service - software and support
Cardiff University currently supports Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.x.
- Connecting to the network
- Anti-virus software and security
- Accessing Cardiff University IT services
- Supported software
- News and service status information
- Useful links
Connecting to the network
- Attaching an Apple Macintosh to the Network [162.6 Kb]
How to register your computer with Information Services. Covers the basic configuration required to access the Internet.
Anti-virus software and security
Information on installing the supported Anti-virus software, and its use, is available on the computer security and virus protection web pages.
Accessing Cardiff University IT services
Network server filespace
This can be accessed via the internet (NetStorage) and / or via Netware client.
- Netware Client for Mac OSX - Currently under development
- NetStorage Pilot - this is a web service that allows access to the files stored in a user's home directory or anywhere on the internet. Please note that this is currently a pilot service with associated limitations and not subject to the normal Information Services support policy.
GroupWise and Pegasus mailboxes are both accessable using any Internet-enabled machine with web a browser.
Guidance and information on:
Your mailbox may also be accessed via any IMAP email client.
Supported Apple Mac Software
Our portfolio of supported software, either locally installed or available from our network.
News and service status information
Apple Mac news
- The Macintosh News Network
- MacInTouch Home Page
- MacSurfer - a good index of current Apple/Mac related news on the web
Software update information
- VersionTracker - a comprehensive index of Mac software and update sources
- MacOS Zone - a weekly review of the best of new shareware and commercial releases