Science Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
The Science Library is located on the first floor of Main Building.
- Situated on the first floor of Main Building with ramp access at the main entrance and the entrance to the library
- A service lift in the Chemistry wing is available
- The counter and information desk are both at low-level
- A space in the car park can be arranged or there is parking for badge-holders on Park Place
- Wheelchair accessible toilets are located on the ground floor
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
|Normal Semester Dates 2011/12|
(including both May Bank Holidays)
|Monday to Friday||8.45 to 21.30|
|Saturday||10.00 to 17.30|
|Sunday||10.00 to 17.00|
|Christmas Recess 2011/12||Opening Hours|
|Saturday 17th December||Closed|
|Sunday 18th December||Closed|
|Monday 19th to Thursday 22nd December||8.45 to 17.00|
|Friday 23rd December||8.45 to 12.00|
|Saturday 24th December to Monday 2nd January 2012||Closed|
|Tuesday 3rd January to Friday 6th January||8.45 to 17.00|
|Saturday 7th January||10.00 to 17.30|
|Sunday 8th January||10.00 to 17.00|
|Easter Recess 2012||Opening Hours|
|Friday 6th April to Monday 9th April||Closed|
|Tuesday 10th April to Friday 13th April||8.45 to 17.00|
|Summer Recess 2012|
(Monday 18th June to Sunday 23rd September)
|Monday to Friday||9.00 to 17.00|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
|Monday 27th August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
The Science Library houses collections of books and journals in the following subjects: biosciences, chemistry, earth sciences, marine geography and general science.
Books, theses, current journals and newspapers are on the entrance floor. The Short Loan and photocopy collections of recommended reading and the past examination papers are beside the issue desk. The upper floor houses the main journals collection.
The Science Library has a wide range of reference and information sources, both printed and electronic. Dictionaries, encyclopaedias, directories and atlases are kept in the Reference Collection near the issue desk. There is a separate section of chemistry reference books.