Andres Schipani - BBC News, Bolivia reporter
The Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies (JOMEC) prides itself on its relationship with its current students and hopes to continue to offer a service to former students once they have graduated.
We are in the process of developing alumni relations activities to suit the needs of former students and we want to listen to any ideas you might have as to how we might best accommodate your requirements. If you’re an alumnus and are keen to get involved, or you are a current student with an idea of what you might want from the School in the future, please let us know.
Cardiff University Alumni
Cardiff University places a great importance on its Alumni and manages relations and contacts centrally through Alumni Relations (DEVAR). Please visit the Cardiff University Alumni Website for details of benefits and services to alumni, to complete a Membership Form, to find details of alumni networks across the world and to download the Cardiff University alumni magazine. Hundreds of former students are in regular contact and enjoy the benefits of a lifelong relationship with JOMEC.
Registering as an alumnus allows you to:
- Update your personal profile and share information with fellow alumni
- Find old friends
- Join discussion groups
- Find out about upcoming events and reunions and book online
- Learn more about what is happening at Cardiff University
- Search jobs and network
- Find out how you can get involved with the University
Where are they now?
Our Cardiff alumni collectively represent the myriad potential careers and jobs our current students may embark upon.
As a result this section of our website profiles some of those alumni. From those that have just completed their course to those that attended the School many years ago - demonstrating the quality, diversity and relevance of the academic and vocational education available at the School.
This month (Feb 09) Dubai-based publisher, ITP has promoted Ele Cooper to assistant editor of Time Out Kids (Dubai). Elle tells us about the move, drumming in the desert and interviewing Sesame Street’s Elmo.
- Ele Cooper (Postgraduate Diploma of Journalism Studies - Magazine Option 2008): Assistant Editor of Time Out Kids, Dubai (ITP)
- Rachel Kinchin (BA Journalism, Film and Broadcasting, "Now ..Film and Media" 2002): Marketing Officer (The Riverfront Theatre and Arts Centre)
- Andres Schipani (BA Journalism, Film and Media 2006): Bolivia reporter (BBC News)
- Helena Hong Liang (MA Journalism Studies 2000): Senior Consultant (APCO Worldwide)
- Louise Wheeler (Diploma in Journalism Studies - Broadcast Option 2006): Senior Broadcast Journalist (Lincs FM and Compass FM)
- Martin Lewis (Diploma in Journalism Studies - Broadcast Option 1998): TV presenter, journalist and author (MoneySavingExpert.com)
- Ben Kangwa (MA Journalism 1993): Press Secretary, Zambian Embassy (Washington DC)