Our degree in Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies is challenging and academic. Its emphasis is on taking an essential part of modern life, the media, and enabling you, to develop your ability to think coherently, discuss competing theories with confidence, and write cogently.
Our Masters programmes offer a unique and valuable blend of scholarly excellence combined with a renowned vocational tradition, which enables us to offer a highly distinctive and intellectually exciting range of programmes, exploring a wide range of study pathways.
- MA Journalism / Diploma in Journalism (Broadcast, Magazine and Newspaper)
- MA Journalism, Media and Communications
- MA International Journalism
- MA International Public Relations and Global Communications Management
- MA Political Communications
- MBA Media Management (NEW)
- MSc in Science, Media and Communication
The School offers PhD and MPhil opportunities, with supervision available across a wide range of research topics in journalism, media and cultural studies. The School usually offers a number of research studentships each year to provide outstanding applicants with tuition fees and/or stipends to help cover living expenses.