Did you know?
Did you know that...
- The volume of clinical waste incinerated at UHW in a year would fill the Dental Hospital five times over?
- The annual water consumption of the UHW is equivalent to 260 Olympic-size swimming pools?
- If all the drinks cans used in UHW in a year were placed end to end they would be six times higher than Mount Everest?
- The total electricity used by the Trust/College is equivalent to 6500 average households' consumption?
- Driving at 70mph you can use 30% more fuel than driving at 50mph?
A shower uses 9-23 litres (2-5 gallons) of water, as opposed a bath which uses 68-90 litres (15-20 gallons)?
- Electricity accounts for 34% of world energy consumption?
Cardiff, the capital city, uses 140000 cubic metres (30.8 million gallons) of water each day?
- Every person in the country uses, on average, more than 120 litres (26 gallons) of water every day?
- 20% of all energy used in the UK is wasted?
- Britain's underground water distribution pipework would stretch three quarters of the way to the moon?