Welcome to the SIMS home page
To access SIMS Online click here.
The Student Information Management System (SIMS) was implemented in 2001 in Cardiff University. After an evaluation in 2004, it was agreed that SIMS would be the information system for the merged University.
The overall aim is to implement a single student system for the merged University which will:
- provide a University-wide information facility which supports the University to achieve its strategic aims;
- facilitate the University-wide management processes;
- promote enhanced automation of routine procedures;
- reduce dependence on paper based forms and introduce a self-service model;
- to cater for management information requirements;
- to lead to the elimination of duplication of effort and data in different areas of the University;
- to have a lifespan of ten years by responding to changing requirements.
There is an agreed management structure (click here) to oversee the implementation of these aims.