Dr Monica Busse
Current projects include the development of home based interventions for people with HD at risk of falls, investigation of respiratory function in people with HD as well as evaluation of utilisation of rehabilitation services for people with HD across Europe. Other work focuses on exercise prescription and promotion of physical activity in a range of complex health conditions.
- Medical Research Council. National Prevention Research Initiative. Health Eating and Lifestyle in Pregnancy Study (HELP) (collaboration with South East Wales Trials Unit) (co-applicant; £1,041,422)
- European Huntington’s Disease Network. Reliability and minimal detectable change of measures of participation, functional activities and impairments in individuals with Huntington’s disease (principle applicant; £36,000.00) (September 2009)
- Physiotherapy Research Foundation Scheme B. Respiratory Function in people with Huntington’s disease: a cross sectional study (co-applicant; £6,500) (April 2009)
- Research Capacity Building Consortium Wales PhD studentship. Respiratory Function in people with Huntington’s disease: a cross sectional study (co-applicant; £51,558 over 5 years) (April 2009)
- Chief Medical Officer for Wales Research Budget. Development and evaluation of a DVD resource for people with a neurodegenerative disease who may be at risk of falls (principle applicant; £9,938.00) (February 2008)
- Physiotherapy Research Society. Mobility and Falls in Huntington’s Disease (principle applicant; £500.00) (February 2007)
- Paul Jeffries Waters Bequest Fund to support research in Huntington’s disease (principle applicant; £2,820.00) (August 2008).